What is Super Visa Insurance?
The Canadian Government has a policy to provide immigration options for parents and grandparents of its citizens and permanent citizens. Also called parents and grandparents visa, the super visa insurance provides multiple entry visa to the families of Canadian residents so you may stay connected with your family and loved ones all year round.
To acquire the Super Visa Insurance (SVI) you need to provide a letter of invitation and meet the minimum requirements of income. To invite one person your minimum necessary gross income must be CAD $25,921 and an average of CAD$ 6900 for each additional person.
The cost of medical insurance mentioned in the requirements amounts to an average of CAD $1660 per year. However, the costs of insurance depends upon the province or territory that you live in. The Medical insurance also has an option, for single person or for a couple. For example, a couple travelling together can avail a policy together, therefore avoiding a single person policy saving money in return. The average premium for a couple was found to be CAD $2839.
Do Something Today That your Parents Will Thank You For.
Why you need Super Visa Insurance?
The Super Visa Insurance provides for a 10-year multiple entry Visa for your parents and grandparents to visit and stay with you. Also, the holders of the super visa can stay in Canada for up to two years without renewing their visa! This provides an easy way for you to bring in your parents to enjoy their stay with you in Canada.
What You Need to Get Super Visa Insurance
You will have to provide the following details to gain Super Visa Insurance for your grandparents or parents.
- The starting date of the insurance coverage,
- The date of birth of the travellers for whom the SVI is applied.
- Confirmation of your citizenship.
Your parents or grandparents will need to provide, your invitation letter along with the details of
- Purpose of the Visit
- Medical Insurance Coverage
- Status of Home Country
- Parent’s ties with the Home Country
- IME (Immigrant Medical Examination)
- Super Visa Medical Insurance
Advantages of Super Visa Insurance
Some of the benefits of Super visa insurance are,
- It provides for emergency medical treatment for sickness or injury whether in-patient or out-patient.
- It covers fees for physicians, surgeons, anaesthetist, nurse. Cost for X-rays, labs and other medical appliances.
- Prescription drugs, Professional medical services of a practitioners like including a licensed physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath and podiatrist, Prescription drugs amount and number of days’ supply.
- Accidental Dental and Dental pain coverage, Maternity coverage, childbirth or complications during the 9 weeks prior to the expected delivery date.
- Professional medical services of a practitioner; including a licensed physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath and podiatrist is also provided to the holder.
On the whole, the SVI provides for Canadian residents and citizens a policy with a personal touch, to unite them with their family!
How I Can Help You
As an experienced business consultant and financial advisor, I've helped many organizations & individuals to create wealth. You too can achieve your financial goals.